Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Please explain the part prayer plays in your life?


Prayer is essential to life. It's the single most important part of my day. Some of you may read that and think.... "really? Of all things; prayer? That's ridiculous." But I mean it. Let me explain why. 
Prayer is a form of communication. It's a spiritually meditative way to communicate with the most powerful being in the universe who is God, Our Heavenly Father, through His Son, Jesus Christ name. Prayer is where I receive guidance from God about how do live my life and feel His love for me. He reassures me of the decisions I make that I'm unsure about. Prayer is where I can receive God's spirit into my heart before I begin my day. When you have the spirit, He'll show you everything you need to do. 

Prayer is an act of faith. In the LDS Bible Dictionary under "prayer" it says, "...Prayer is a form of work..." Anyone who has prayed will know that it's sometimes hard, isn't it?? Don't feel weird that you have to put lots of effort into your prayers sometimes. That's the way it's supposed to be. So, here are a few tips from Jeff about prayer... 

First, talk to him like he's just chill and right in front of you. He loves you, He knows you, just talk to him. 

Secondly, Try having a pen and paper right in your hand as you pray. This shows God your faith to receive answers. Trust me, once I started doing this, the efficacy of my prayers increased dramatically!! 

...and Last, Do it. Pray. Don't just say prayers. We need to pray. 

I promise you as your brother in Jesus Christ, Our Lord, that as you pray, your relationship with your creator will increase and your life will have more purpose and meaning in it, and you will be fulfilled. 


Much love.


No comments: