Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Best of Friend

"Verily, I say unto my servant [Jeff], or in other words, I will call you friends, for you are my friends, and ye shall have an inheritance with me."
---God

friend

 [frend] 
noun
1.
a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2.
a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
3.
a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
4.
a member of the same nation, party, etc.
5.
(initial capital letter) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.




I had a really cool experience today.

I was just getting out of a class when I thought of something to ask this guy that sits next to me in math. He had mentioned something vague earlier in the semester and it was a little awkward- so I was finally going to ask him.

I told him I had a question for him, and when he asked what it was... I stalled for a minute cause people were around and I was getting my backpack together still, then I had this feeling...

"Don't do it...."

I sort of brushed it off for a second. Then walked out of the classroom and there he was, and said, "yeah dude?" but again....

"Don't do it...."

this time, as usual, the feeling was even stronger...

so I came up with a random question to ask him that I fudged to sound like it fit my attitude about my asking him. He answered the question of course and I thought, why wasn't I supposed to ask that?

....

Right after I thought that, he said something that exactly answered my question, and not in the affirmative. What I was to ask him would have implied something that I had previously thought, which I now knew was definitely not true at all.

My friends, God is our friend too. He loves us and is going to help us in everything we need help with. Even simple little things like this. He knows us personally and is there for us. Cleave unto me and I shall cleave unto you. I love you God.

No comments: